Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fun with statistics

Greetings!  This will be short.  I just wanted to remind everyone that I will be leaving tomorrow for Kyushu, so I might not have Super Huge amounts of time on the computer, which means that I might be slow about responding to emails and stuff.  Yay.

Also, I had a lovely dinner and English practice with Kocchan this evening.  I learned the Japanese word for "color blind": 色覚異常, color-sensing abnormality.  We both decided that "color blind" is a way better name.  Also, I had no idea what movie "Abata" was until she said, "You know, with the blue people...the one that's a rip-off of Princess Mononoke."  Ahahaha, that's one way to describe it.
Also, she taught me this song, which is about Hina Matsuri!  I think it's really pretty. (I asked about it because I keep hearing it every time I go to the grocery store...)

And now, random post padding statistics!  Blogger gives you certain stats, which allows me to tell you that:

1. People have found my blog through the following keywords:
"nude men"
"genze riyaku"
"dared to eat natto"
"a brief history of shinto"
"shrine hopping"
(among others)

2. In the last week, 5 people in Russia have viewed my blog.  SERIOUSLY, WHO ARE YOU GUYS?

3. My post on genze riyaku suddenly got a huge number of hits...right before finals...mostly through the keywords "genze riyaku" and "define: genze riyaku" and "significance of genze riyaku."  Dear people, I hope you cited me if you used anything I said.  If not, I will hunt you down and EAT YOU OM NOM NOM.

4. 6% of my total readers have viewed my blog on an iPad.

5. The most views my blog has ever gotten in one day is 46.

6. My most viewed post is about genze riyaku (seriously, I hope you cited me) and my second most viewed is about butts.
Draw whatever conclusions you will.

On a final note, I started making a mental list of everyone in Nagoya I need to bring back omiyage for, and it's preeeeeeeetty long.  Which makes me very, very happy.  It's nice to have people to give omiyage to.

No comments:

Post a Comment