Friday, June 15, 2012

Off to climb a mountain!

Short post, but I just want to let everyone know that I'll be leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend in Kyoto.  Steven and I are going to be going on a crazy adventure up Mt. Koya, basically.  It's gonna be cool.  I'm not bringing my computer along, though, so if you don't hear from me before Monday, it's not necessarily because I've been eaten by a bear.
Expect pictures and a long post sometime early next week.

Not much else to report, but I had penmanship today, and Sekihara-san's husband came, and Nakano-san pronounced his characters "manly," at which Sekihara-san announced that he writes manly characters "because he is a woman."

This, by the way, is what I've been working on in penmanship for the last two weeks:



(I hope you are appreciating this one, because my hand seized up while writing it.)


...yes, my handwriting looks like a little kid's.

(This, by the way, is all the hiragana, which is one of the phonetic alphabets.)


Spacing?  Who needs spacing?

On a final note, Sara wrote up a post about Okinawa as well, which has potentially the most attractive picture of the Fulbrighters ever.

...yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment