Wednesday, May 9, 2012

By the end of this trip, I will know everything there is to know about the Japanese health care system

Guess who spent four hours at the hospital with her roommate today!
Hint: it was the person who writes this blog.
Fortunately, Louki does not need to have her foot amputated, but she DOES need to sit down and stop walking so much and TAKE CARE OF HERSELF.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, LOUKI.*

On a random note, Kim gave me stroopwafels, and I am PRETTY PLEASED because stroopwafels are amazing.  OM NOM NOM.  If you don't know what stroopwafels are, well, obviously you don't have Dutch friends who feed you.  Maybe you should fix that!

Otherwise, not all that much going on over here, other than me working on my paper, threatening the other Fulbrighters with alligators,** trying to figure out where to take my dad when he visits next week,*** fangirling at Julia and Ellie (sorry), trying to work out the logistics for my speech in June (for the Chubu Fulbright Alumni Association), planning my trip to Tokyo for the Fulbright 60th anniversary reception,**** fangirling at Julia and Ellie some more (SORRY), planning my trip to Okinawa with a bunch of the other Fellows after that, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Basically, exciting stuff coming up in the next few weeks, but right now, not that much excitement! Sorry.

*I totally know that you occasionally read this blog, Louki, and also that you apparently haven't bothered to save the url and search for it through Google, which seems kind of weird to me, but WHATEVS--I have too many bookmarks.  And if you want to know how I know this, it is either my MAD PSYCHIC POWERS or my DEDUCTIVE PROWESS.  Or maybe BOTH.
...also, I think when they asked on the form if you were living with someone they meant in a relationship OOPS.  They should have been clearer.

**This makes sense in context, and has to do with our wretched handbook.

***I literally just got off the phone with Itou-san, and she said, and I quote, "There is nothing anyone would want to see in Nagoya."  Although then she amended that by saying that there's the castle and the aquarium, but neither is all that interesting.
...by the way, my dad is visiting me next week.  Guess I should have mentioned that earlier.

****Where I might be meeting the emperor.  Yes, the emperor of Japan.  I keep forgetting to write about things on this blog.  I am quite bad at remembering to write about things.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think need to be sorry. You might want to be sorry for encouraging me to be Sherlocking instead of studying, but that was rather already happening, so it's not actually your fault. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stroopwafels are very popular at Brown believe it or not, mostly due to Rip Van Wafels being founded and owned by a Brown alum...

    ~Abbie

    P.S. I don't know why blogspot can't figure out my name.

    ReplyDelete