Thursday, September 1, 2011

Two weeks 'til departure

I finally got my housing assignment, so that's all settled.  All that's left is for me to hop on the plane and fly to Japan.

Well, that and pack.

I really need to start on the packing thing.

Speaking of packing, I spent FOUR HOURS shopping for business casual clothes today with my aunt.*  If you're one of those poor, misguided people who ever tried shopping with me, you'll know it's like pulling teeth, except that with teeth at least you can sedate the patient.  But my aunt was really, really patient, and I managed to not punch anyone through a wall, and I now have a business casual wardrobe.  I AM NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN.  These clothes better last me through my whole grad school career!

In other other news, I'm trying to get through as much of my kanji book and my grammar book as I can before I get to Japan.  I'm 1565 kanji in, but only about 120 grammar forms.  Ugggggh.  I'm going to feel so dumb for about three weeks and then I'll stop stuttering (mostly) and hopefully remember to grammar when I'm speaking.  Too bad I have to meet my advisor before then.

Speaking of my advisor, I still need to get him a hello-I-would-really-like-it-if-you-don't-think-I'm-a-culturally-insensitive-stuttering-moron present.

SO MUCH TO DO.  SO LITTLE TIME.

*Not my biological aunt.  She's my adopted aunt.  She's pretty much awesome and puts up with shopping for four hours and trying to find clothing that fits me.  Did you know that there's such a thing as petite extra small?  I didn't think I was particularly small, but apparently I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment